Thursday 2 July 2020

Day 9: Revision. Google Exam!! and a reflection of the journey

There you go, day 9 of DFi course complete. Exam done. I am so proud of myself for keeping up.
I didn’t feel lost and when I did, I sought guidance from my facilitator Kerry who has been so supportive through this whole process. 
I regret not using more of what I learnt in the classroom with my students. As a beginner teacher I am

not trained to notice the tasks that can be translated to a digital forum just yet. But that is something

I will definitely work on and Term 3 will be using a lot more of what I have learnt. The ‘new’ era of
teaching, well now that I have a better understanding of how things can be, I can build by students’
confidence in the online world as well. If we were back to distance learning again they will know what
to do and how to navigate their learning. Todays Manaiakalani kaupapa focus is on
ubiquitous; learning anytime, anywhere, any place and by anyone.
Rewindable learning is something that resonates with me as I often miss a detail and wish I had taken
a note of that, but as a teacher I need to make sure my instructions, the learning is something the
students can revisit when they need to. Technology has removed the barriers, created new solutions
and new opportunities for learning. I wasn’t in class during this course but I knew the students had
access to the learning and the support they needed both in the class and online. How awesome is that 



I would recommend this course a thousand times, its fast paced, covers a range of topics but the
feeling of accomplishment from trying something new is so satisfying. Plus you realise the areas you
want to
focus
your next learning on and that Mount Everest doesn’t seem quite as high.

No comments:

Post a Comment