Tuesday 2 June 2020

Day 4: Digital Fluency Intensive - Dealing with Data

Kia Ora,
 So this week we looked at what Share is and what does it look like in a Manaiakalani school. Sharing is not a new concept, it goes back probably to the beginning of time, mans need to share and communicate, to show and to learn. So for our students today are faced with so many ways to share. Blogger was chosen as the platform to do so because it resembles the media world the students live in but is restricted and controlled for their safety. I learnt this week some neat tricks with sheets like the use of add-ons for one. Conditional formatting is definitely something I will be using especially with the thousands of assesments to keep track of. What I was most surprised about is CSV!! Just the other day I had trouble with downloading some test results that was in csv form and I had no idea why or how to access it. I tried opening it with Google Chrome, but thats just a browser. Then I uploaded it to google drive to then open with Google Sheets. Aces!!! now I won't have to manually type in the results, I can just copy and paste. Time that I definitely need.

 Another activity we did, was using Mymaps, I had not seen this before and definitely did not think I would be using it. We mapped out our ideal holiday destinations as seen below.

 I will be using this with my students to turbocharge their learning and not just talking about the places we read about but to pin them on a map to go on a journey together. How awesome would that be.


We also created Google forms which I will be using with my students in our statistical investigation and getting feedback from my students who may be too shy to put up their hand.

 Thanks for reading next our topic will be Collaborate.
 Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment