Monday 15 June 2020

Day 6: Enabling Access

This weeks pedagogy topic is connected. This new phase the world went through at the end of February showed
us how important connecting is and the many different ways to connect with the students. Just being available and
touching base with the students on a daily basis strengthened the relationships already made and connected them
to their learning and classmates. For a connection to happen both parties need to share, this is an important
distinguishment between just sharing what you have learnt. 
Therefore for all those that have given me feedback and comments, thank you!

The four elements of the kaupapa visible, ubiquitous, connected and empowered do not stand alone but
complement each other. This is how I want to set up my class site. 
Today we focused on our class learning sites, which was great as it was time carved out of our busy schedules
to do much needed tweaks. I focused on the “shop window” of my class site, ensuring that the learning is visible
and easy to get to. Ensuring there is connection as well; connection with the teacher and what I am about;
connection to the tasks and assignments and connection to the school site and learners blogs. Also incorporating
the multi-modal learning we looked at last week.
My fellow DFI participants had the opportunity to look at my site and give me much valued feedback which I will
take on board and continue to work and improve on my class site.



https://sites.google.com/ruapotaka.school.nz/mrscardozaroom72020t1/home

No comments:

Post a Comment